Zenmate can’t connect?
The ZenMate for Windows can’t connect then what needs to be done?Please be guided that the Desktop Client would not open like a usual program. On the onset, it will go directly to the right side of the menu bar, either close to the internet icon or hidden with the Softwares running in the background.
Here are some general solutions that you could try in case you experience issues with ZenMate for Windows.Log out of the Client and log in again - You will be asked for a re-authentication which might resolve minor issues.
Install a fresh copy - Search out and delete the folder called: C:\Users\<Enter your Windows username>\AppData\Local\ZenMate.This is the folder where ZenMate configuration files live. Download the latest version of the software by copy/pasting this URL into your browser address field and press enter: https://zenmate-windows-update.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/setup.exe
Completely uninstall and reinstall ZenMate - Remove every trace of old versions of ZenMate from your computer and reinstall it again.
Allow ZenMate on Windows Firewall - Search for Windows Firewall on the search section of your Start menu. Click on it. Look at the options and find Allow an app or feature Check if ZenMate is on that list. If not, add ZenMate to the list by clicking on Change settings and then Allow another app.Recreate the Network Adapters - Log out from ZenMate and close it. Then go to your network sharing center and check for the Network Adapters. Remove/delete the ZenMate connection. Once this is done, start ZenMate and log in again. The ZenMate connection should be automatically there.
Make sure the Drivers are up to date
- Activate the ZenMate VPN client and try to connect.
- When it fails to connect, open the Control Panel and in the "Search Control Panel" field, type: "Device Manager".
- Once in Device Manager, look into "Network adapters", the failing mini ports should have a yellow exclamation mark icon next to them.
- Right-click on each marked Miniport, then "Update Driver Software" -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick a driver from a list" -> uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and wait for drivers listing generation. Then pick the first "Microsoft" drivers listed [BlueTooth Personal], and ignore warnings. The broken and undeletable Miniport will then become a fake Bluetooth card, which you will be able to delete.
- Repeat step 4 for all mini ports.
- Reboot the system.
- When trying to connect the VPN client next time, all mini ports will be recreated and the VPN should be connecting successfully.
Switch your Network connection - You could change between the cable network and WiFi and restart your router.Install ZenMate on a new Windows user
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
- Enter a username, password, password hint, and then select Next.
- Install ZenMate on the new User
It also sometimes happens that Antiviruses and web filters conflict with ZenMate. Try turning off your Antivirus/Firewall.
Get in touch with ZenMate Support - You contact the customer service support of ZenMate. And include all these important details:
- Where are you are connecting from? Give your exact location or country.
- Which internet service provider are you are using, and if this is your private home network or a public or work network.
- If you are using any other security products, such as an antivirus program or another proxy. And if so, which one or which ones.
- The exact version of Windows you have installed, and if you updated your old Windows to this version or if your device came with it.
- A screenshot of how it looks on your device when you experience this issue with ZenMate for Windows.
ZenMate does not work properly with some web filters or other Proxies/VPNs. If you are using ZenMate at a different there might be a general filter. Try again while connected to another unrestricted network to find out if this is the cause of your troubles.It also sometimes happens that Antiviruses and web filters conflict with ZenMate. Try turning off your Antivirus or Firewall.
If the problem is due to conflicting security software, please contact ZenMate Support for more info and possible solutions.
Little things like this happen a lot and you’ll be glad to know that the solution is quite trivial or there is no solution needed but a little updating and restarting would do.
ZenMate has a solid and reputable performance that stays up there and online 100% 24/7. So if you are experiencing logging in problems you have to check on your end.
You would want to make sure that everything is in tip-top condition on your part!
|Copyright © SoftwareManagementTools 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|