RCN - How to reset router?
A router is a network device that you and your family use to be able to share your RCN internet connection wirelessly or through cable networks. All your devices could be used simultaneously. It is connected directly to your RCN modem and then to each computer, laptop, and mobile phone on your home network.
What is the maximum number of Wireless Users I should have on my Router?
This would differ for every WiFi router brand. Although fast and stable internet is possible to be shared by multiple gadgets with a single router only.
There is a tendency that the more devices and gadgets you connect to your router the slower the wireless speed would be because it would be divided among all of them. Just turn off the internet connection of gadgets not in use.
If you have your own router, just check the user guide that came with your router for maximum users.
What is the recommended distance between your household appliances and your RCN router?
The general rule is that you should not place your router next to things like your microwave ovens, baby monitors, cordless phones, phones, Bluetooth devices and other appliances that would cause the slowing down of you’re the speed of your wireless connectivity.
Is it important where my Wi-Fi modem or Router is located?
Yes, It’s important. The farther your router is from your devices the more it could affect the speed and signal of your connection.
The best place to put your Wi-Fi router or modem is in an open, in the center area of your house, and off the floor. This would provide the best wireless coverage to every corner of your house and in all your devices.
Avoid putting both your modem or router near your kitchen equipment like the microwave ovens, refrigerators, and as well as near any baby monitors. physical obstructions such as fish tanks, walls, and floors, garage door openers, cordless phones could hinder a fast, strong, and stable wireless connection.
How to reset your RCN router?
- Go to the website of the router manufacturer of your RCN router and get the instructions for the model you’re using.
- Go to the manufacturer’s documentation as Restore Factory Settings and you could find it printed on the back of your router with the default values.
- Right down or you should know your default user name and password for your router because you will need these to be able to access your router after the reset.
- You have recorded any adjustments you made to the factory settings, like changing the router password, as well as the wireless SSID name and password.
- Disconnect your router from the internet. Then softly insert a pin or clip into the reset hole where you can feel it, then depress a button.
- Hold the button down for at least 10 seconds.
- Release it.
- This would cause the lights on your router to flash a lot, but after a minute or so they would slow down.
- Before you reconnect your RCN router to the internet you should log into the router to change your router’s admin password from the default and make other changes, like setting the wireless SSID name and password.
If your router is supplied by your ISP, turn it off and then back on again, then check for further advice from your ISP.
If you have your own router, reboot it, change the default password, and check if any firmware updates are available from the router manufacturer and install them as much as possible.
If you know your way around your network’s hardware you may also want to do the following:
- Disconnect your router from the internet and perform a router reset.
- Re-install the most recent firmware.
- For your security and protection, you might want to have reputable security software for all your devices like your laptop, desktop computer MAC, Android tablets, mobile phones, and your TV.
|Copyright © SoftwareManagementTools 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|