Freshbooks - How to Print Invoice?
To print an invoice in FreshBooks, You first need to open the program containing the invoice so you can see it fully on your screen. Then select “File” from the upper menu bar, then “Print” from the drop-down menu. You will then be taken to the print screen, where you can choose how many copies you want. Then select “print”.
The printing process is the same whether you are using an Apple Mac or a PC.
How to Email an Invoice?
To email, your invoice, save it to your desktop, the first screen you see when you log in to your computer, the one with all the program icons, files, and wastebasket.
Here is the step by step on how to email that invoice:
- Double-click on your email program to be able to open it.
- Select “New Email or on a Mac, “New Message”. A blank email template will then appear.
- In the “To” line, put in the email address of the person you wish to send the email to.
- In the subject line, write your name or company name, plus the invoice number.
- In the body of the email, let your client know that you are attaching an invoice. It is also a good practice to include the invoice number here too
- To attach the email, look for “Attach File” in the email’s menu bar, it will be the one with the paperclip icon. Click on it.
- Click on “Browse this PC” and then “Desktop” or on a Mac, you would see the “Desktop” folder immediately
- Double-click on your file.
- Your email box will now reappear:
- On your PC (in Outlook), you will see a new “Attached” section under “Subject”, with a little icon. That icon will show you the type of file you’ve attached (for instance, a PDF) and the name of the file.
- On a Mac, you will see the file at the bottom of your email.
- In the top menu, towards the left, select “Send”.
- You have now sent your invoice through email.
How do you Create a PDF file of an Invoice?
PDF stands for “Portable Document Format”. Converting your invoice to a PDF makes it very hard for the recipient to adjust it. Usually, changes could be needed, the client would need you to adjust the original file, then resave as a PDF, and resend it again.
To create a PDF of an invoice on a PC:
- Select “File” from the upper menu bar.
- Select “Save” from the drop-down menu that will appear.
- Click on the “Save As” and select “This PC”
- A new screen will pop up. Under the “Save as type” drop-down menu, select “PDF”.
- Click on “Save”.
How to Create a PDF of an Invoice on a Mac?
- Go to “File”.
- Select “Print” from the drop-down menu, as if you are going to print the invoice. A print box will come up.
- Select the little “PDF” icon and another drop-down menu will appear.
- Select “Save as PDF” and you will return to the print screen.
- Click on “Save”.
How to Create an Invoice?
There are several ways to create an invoice for your business. You can simply create one yourself in Word, or Excel. There are also many free templates online.
An invoice should include the following information:
- An invoice number
- Vendor contact name, company name, address, phone number, email
- Client contact name, company name, address, phone number, email
- Purchase order number
- Description of products or services being charged for, including prices and quantities
- Date products were delivered or services were provided
- The grand total of your invoice
- Payment terms as to when payment is due
- Late fees warning
- Payment options
Not everyone gives a client purchase order number, but if you did, it would be best to include that number in your invoice. Including it would inform the client’s accounting department that the product or service you provided was already pre-approved by their management.
FreshBooks would ensure no human errors could be committed to your invoice. It would guarantee no duplicate numbers in two different invoices. It’s fully automated and it updates frequently.
It could provide you invoice numbers or you could create your own. No two same numbers would be inputted thus eradicating mistakes. You also get to save your invoices in different formats and could send it in multiple ways using FreshBooks.
With FreshBooks, it would provide some very helpful features, such as:
- Providing an invoice template
- Generating an invoice number for every invoice.
- It would calculate the tax for you.
- It would enable printing or email functions directly through the software.
- FreshBooks would keep track of your expenses and receipts.
- It has a secure and safe database to store your client information that means you only have to enter contact and address information just one time.
- FreshBooks comes with app versions so you could monitor your accounting information and details on your mobile device anytime and anywhere.
The invoice is the most important piece of document in every business whether big or small. It’s your documented instrument and proof that services or products were rendered by your company thus you get to be paid.
The invoicing feature of FreshBooks is flawless from creating, sending, and down to printing it.
FreshBooks has everything covered!
|Copyright © SoftwareManagementTools 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|